Europen Conformity for the BATTERY ECOSYSTEM
Accessible energy drives the modern and digitalizing world, the demand for storage and management of energy is eminent.
The safe, flexible and secure storage of electrical energy in Batteries and Battery systems with longer and longer useful lifetime, higher energy quality, with intelligent anergy management solutions, at affordable cost became a game changer for many industries. Not only consumer goods require a vast variety of battery types, but also more critical applications, like medical devices, assume safe and reliable storage technologies and products. Certainly, the R&D, the engineering design, the production of HW and SW battery components, batteries, and battery packs, the design-in of batteries into manyfold application in a wide range of industries, even the very erection of giga factories for the mass production of batteries require thorough, human and environmental centered conformity assessment coverage, consultancy, education and expert services. These are provided by our dedicated team, competence and distinguished qualifications.
Our Clients shall focus on their contribution to the ever-growing battery ecosystem, we take over the tasks for making their products, solutions and services compliant with all relevant requirements.
Challenges in the EU Market:
• the availability of many of the raw materials for battery production is scarce, it is highly critical to get the right and sustainable procedures and efficiency for raw material production
• environmental aspects throughout the whole life cycle of the batteries and its components is another critical subject, regulations are rigorous and are getting even more demanding
• batteries fall under the regulative domain of many European and international technical requirements, Notified and accredited conformity assessment service providers have to be involved
• batteries with their Battery management systems tend to be more and more digital and connected, cybersecurity became an essential aspect to be thoroughly tested and verified.
•re-usability of batteries and battery packs is an intelligent and environmentally viable option for extending the useful period of devices, 2nd life utilization and/or complete recycling is a must
• the necessary know-how and fundamental skills are to be developed for all players o the ecosystem, dedicated technological, operational and managerial trainings/certifications are required
• Owners, investors, main contractors and operators of production facilities (newly erected and existing factories)
• System Integrators, Distributors, Importers
• Operators and/or Users of batteries and batteries as a component of their solutions/products
• Reutilization - Recycling – End of Life (EOL) service providers
• Engineering design houses and producers of components, complete batteries and battery based solutions (both HW and SW)
Objectives you can reach with our services:
• Proper placing of battery products and components on the markets (automotive, micro mobility, energy, medical, IoT, critical services, etc..)
• Successful and compliant commissioning of battery plants, products and technologies
• Safe operation of batteries, larger energy storages built from batteries, and battery reliant systems
• Prepared and skilled personal at all levels of the organization (operator, engineer, sales, quality)
• Mitigation of investment, business and safety related risks
Services in key words:
• Authorized representation ( taking over the manufacturers responsibility) for production equipment, including robot systems
• Technical and environmental feasibility and bankability due diligence
• Machinery safety, inspections of production equipment components
• Conformity assessment, tests according to relevant standards and regulations and certifications
• Complete CE marking procedure of both production equipment and products
• Risk assessment of the given battery solutions
• Validation of safety and usability
• Cybersecurity testing and verification
• EHS and fire safety inspections
• Transport and storage conditions, ADR
• Environmental tests, waste classification for second life utilization and for End of Life services & recycling
• Theoretical and practical trainings related to batteries throughout their entire value chain (European Battery Alliance Academy courses)
• 2006/42/EK (MD)
• 2014/30/EU (EMC)
• 2014/35/EU (LVD)
• 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
• 2014/53/EU (RED)
• OHS legislations
• EU Cybersecurity and Cyber Resilience Acts
• The Coming European Battery Passport Regulation
UN 38.3: Lithium metal and lithium ion batteries TRANSPORT OF DANGEROUS GOODS
UN ECE R 100: Safety requirements with respect to the Rechargeable Energy Storage System (REESS), of road vehicles
IEC 62660-2: Secondary lithium-ion cells for the propulsion of electric road vehicles. Part 2: Reliability and abuse testing
IEC 62660-3: Secondary lithium-ion cells for the propulsion of electric road vehicles. Part 3: Safety requirements
IEC 62281: Safety of primary and secondary lithium cells and batteries during transport
IEC 62133-2: Secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes. Safety requirements for portable sealed secondary cells, and for batteries made from them, for use in portable applications. Part 2: Lithium systems
IEC 61959: Secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes. Mechanical tests for sealed portable secondary cells and batteries
IEC 62443-4-2: Security for industrial automation and control systems
ADR 220.127.116.11.2.: Lithium battery mark
Our abilities in battery testing:
Most usual electrical tests: overcharge\over discharge protection, external short circuit protection, over-temperature protection testing by cycling charge and discharge under temperature conditioning. According to ECE R 100 standard regulation.
• UN 38.3 test series
• With our fully equipped lab we can perform wide range of environmental test in any kind of electrical devices, ECUs or even in batteries.
• Most usual environmental tests: Vibration, mechanical shock, thermal shock and cycling tests, conditioning and storage in temperatures, over temperature protection.
• We have a site where we have permission to perform explosion tests, thus we can perform mechanical tests in batteries even if there is a risk for explosion\burnout.
• Most usual mechanical tests: Fire resistance (direct and indirect exposure to flame), mechanical integrity (crush test), nail penetra-tion test, free fall test.
• Battery Components • Batteries and Battery Packs • Batteries as components of energized Products • Cybersecurity of batteries, battery management systems(BMS) and connected systems • Battery production facilities, factories, OEM’s and Suppliers • Competence and skills for personal of all related functions and levels, EBA Academy courses